Saturday, October 29, 2011

Raven Brunch


I hosted a Poe/Raven inspired brunch for my Tea Sisters. I wrote on the invitation Gothic Attire Encouraged and my friends do not disappoint with their interpretations.


The centerpiece was created with branches from a tree that was cut down the day before next to our supermarket. The small ravens were from the Dollar Tree and the raven plates with quotes from the famous poem are from Home Goods.

I also made scalloped newspaper cutains and funeral wreaths and hung them on the windows for that extra creepy touch.

 



 For brunch I served hot apple cider, puff pastry spinach quiche, pumpkin donuts and fresh berries. I made raven shaped cookies that never got frosted with black Royal icing or black sanding sugar (just picture it in your head) so I gave my guests boxes of scone and muffin mix.



 After the party, my living room looks like this...
 I made the lampshade from linen and vintage black bias tape.
 I covered existing pictures with poster board and pages from books also from the Dollar Tree and I used my Cricut Wall Decor cartridge to make all of the black silhouettes.

 I had to make a fabric cord cover for the chandelier...heehee.
On Halloween, I'll bedressing up as a Disney-inspired Haunted Mansion ghost and stand on my porch and pass out candy under a black light. This year, my daughter is joining me in a matching costume.
Do you have any Halloween traditions?

4 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Cute party theme! Great job as always.

Oh I remember your ghost costume from last year. I love it!

Joanne

susan@pocacosa said...

so fabulous! wish we were neighbors-we would have so much fun together! :)

Jean Knee said...

what a great time you girls had. All those ravens are to die for!

Sherry said...

Great job! I love the theme.